FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino revealed Thursday morning that a previously undisclosed room containing mishandled evidence from former FBI Director James Comey’s tenure has been discovered inside FBI headquarters.

The announcement came during Bongino’s live interview on Fox & Friends, where he detailed the agency’s efforts to reopen investigations from the Biden-Harris administration and described what he called a major internal discovery that could have significant legal and political ramifications.

Bongino, who recently stepped into the senior leadership role under President Donald Trump’s administration, confirmed that an entire room filled with boxes of hidden evidence—much of it dating back to the Comey years—was located just weeks into his tenure.

“There was a room and we found a lot of stuff. A hidden room. I wouldn’t call it hidden, but hidden from us, at least, and not mentioned to us. We found stuff in there, and a lot of it’s from the Comey era,” Bongino stated.

Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement

The interview, conducted by co-host Lawrence Jones, began with Bongino discussing the reopening of several Biden-era investigations that had been previously closed or deprioritized.

Bongino said these cases were being revisited due to their "significant public interest."

While addressing concerns about lingering Comey loyalists inside the FBI, Jones asked, “Does he [Comey] still have loyalists in the building…You guys are finding boxes that are hidden. How does that happen in the bureau?”

Bongino acknowledged that the bureau still has internal divisions but said there are many agents disturbed by what had occurred in recent years.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Following ongoing debates over border security and immigration policy in 2026, do you support stricter enforcement measures?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from LifeZette, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

“We were there a couple of weeks, and luckily, there were people up there who grabbed us by the arm and said, ‘Thank you for being here.’ There are people there who are really horrified at what happened,” Bongino explained.

Bongino indicated that the contents of the hidden room could have serious implications.

While he did not provide specific details about what the documents contained, he emphasized that they are working diligently to declassify them so the public can see the material for themselves.

“We are working our damndest to declassify…Once that gets done, and you read some of the stuff we found, you’re going to be stunned,” Bongino said.

He added, “Wait ’til you read this stuff that’s coming out.”

The revelation comes as tensions between Bongino and Comey have escalated in recent days.

Earlier this week, Bongino and FBI Director Kash Patel condemned a now-deleted Instagram post by Comey that displayed the number "8647"—a combination interpreted by many as a veiled threat toward President Trump.

The post triggered a spike in copycat threats, forcing the FBI to divert resources away from other ongoing investigations.

Comey, who served as FBI Director from 2013 to 2017, has remained a controversial figure due to his involvement in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation and his handling of other politically sensitive matters.

The contents of the room, once declassified, are expected to shed further light on decisions made during Comey’s tenure that critics say have yet to be fully investigated or explained.

The FBI has not confirmed a timeline for when the declassification process will be complete.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.