They were the videos that shocked people of good conscience everywhere.
Planned Parenthood representatives nonchalantly talked about the sale of aborted babies’ body parts — and one such representative, Dr. Mary Gatter, even discussed harvesting techniques as she munched on her lunch salad.
The Center for Medical Progress (CMP) filmed the undercover videos and began releasing them in 2015.
There are more videos — at least a dozen — that apparently expose Planned Parenthood, a purported “women’s health care provider” in business to make money, over fetal tissue sales.
These videos now are under a court-imposed gag order. Yet CMP’s founder, David Daleiden, is working to get the order lifted.
Daleiden told the media his attorneys are filing motions to lift the gag order so he can release the videos, which he says “includes some of the most damning and incriminating footage we ever recorded,” The Daily Wire reported Monday.
The mainstream media largely buried or dismissed the shocking CMP videos, and the abortion lobby went to work on Daleiden, hitting him with lawsuits and working to discredit CMP and its work product, as The Daily Wire noted.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) — the organization that put on the two conferences in which CMP undercover journalists filmed Planned Parenthood officials — successfully stopped Daleiden with a federal lawsuit.
The Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund (FCDF), which is representing Daleiden and CMP, announced that NAF had dismissed seven of its 11 original charges, as The Christian Post reported late last month.
FCDF believes NAF dismissed the charges because it wants to “speed up the case so it can secure a permanent gag order against David and CMP, which would block the release of the videos regardless of the case’s outcome,” reported The Post.
The remaining claims by NAF include breach of contract, civil conspiracy, fraudulent misrepresentation, and promissory fraud.
“We’re pressing for the entire thing to be dismissed,” said Daleiden in a telephone call with reporters, according to the Washington Free Beacon. “You could expect a solid dozen more videos really in the same vein as the original undercover [material] … This gag order should be dissolved in October, and we should be able to release the tapes at that time.”
“The facts on the ground [have] changed so completely and so significantly … that the original justifications for that gag order don’t stand,” Daleiden added.
In 2017, the state of California charged Daleiden and Sandra Merritt, another journalist, on 15 felony counts for their undercover reporting.
“This is the first and only time in history a California attorney general has prosecuted an undercover journalist for taping,” said Daleiden on Wednesday, according to The Daily Wire.
See the specifics of the federal lawsuit against Daleiden in the video below.