World News

Russian Court Gives Brittney Griner 9 Years

It won't be a vacation.

Image Credit: Rumble Screenshot

WNBA jock Brittney Griner must be soooo happy today. She no longer has to live in the racist United States, a country she refused to honor by the mere act of standing, and now can take advantage of no doubt luxurious public accommodations in a nation so renowned for its enlightened racial attitudes.

We hope she enjoys the stay. The social activities will undoubtedly prove to be interesting, as Russian prisons are known for their country club in The Hamptons atmosphere and cuisine. And no doubt she’ll crush it in the intramural basketball league that plays weekends right after cocktail hour. Yes, couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

Fox: “Brittney Griner, an American female basketball player, learned her fate in a Russian court after she pleaded guilty to a drug charge last month.

A Russian judge convicted Griner of drug possession and drug smuggling and sentenced her to 9 years in prison. She was also fined one million rubles, the equivalent of about $16,200.

Griner, 31, appeared in a courtroom in Khimki, just outside Moscow. She issued an apology ahead of her verdict and sentencing as prosecutors pushed for a 9.5-year sentence.”

Do you support individual military members being able to opt out of getting the COVID vaccine?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from LifeZette, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

“I want to apologize to my teammates, my club, my fans and the city of (Yekaterinburg) for my mistake that I made and the embarrassment that I brought on them,” she said. “I want to also apologize to my parents, my siblings, the Phoenix Mercury organization back at home, the amazing women of the WNBA, and my amazing spouse back at home.” She changed the reference in a previous statement from “my wife” to “spouse” in this statement, perhaps trying to be less annoying to socially conservative Russians.

Griner contended she made “an honest mistake” when she smuggled in vape cartridges full of cannabis into a Moscow airport in February, adding “I hope in your ruling it does not end my life.”

She liked Russia, at least before. “I had no idea that the team, the cities, the fans, my teammates would make such a great impression on me over the 6 1/2 years that I spent here. I remember vividly coming out of the gym and all the little girls that were in the stands there waiting on me, and that’s what kept making me come back here,” she said. Perhaps the Russians were not thrilled with her as a role model for “little girls”.

Biden commented, “Today, American citizen Brittney Griner received a prison sentence that is one more reminder of what the world already knew: Russia is wrongfully detaining Brittney. It’s unacceptable, and I call on Russia to release her immediately so she can be with her wife, loved ones, friends, and teammates. My administration will continue to work tirelessly and pursue every possible avenue to bring Brittney and Paul Whelan home safely as soon as possible,” he said. Notice the Biden administration made sure to use the term “wife”. They aren’t doing Griner any favors by doing so.

David Kamioner
meet the author

David Kamioner is a veteran of U.S. Army Intelligence and an honors graduate of the University of Maryland's European Division. He also served with the Pershing Nuclear Brigade and the First Infantry Division. Subsequent to that he worked for two decades as a political consultant, was part of the American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina disaster relief effort in Louisiana, ran a homeless shelter for veterans in Philadelphia, and taught as a college instructor. He serves as a Contributing Editor for LifeZette.

DianaWan
DianaWan

I am making $162/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is earning $21 thousand a month cdc11 by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it simply ,
COPY AND OPEN THIS SITE__________ http://Www.SmartJob1.com

Last edited 3 days ago by DianaWan
Oscar Sparks
Oscar Sparks
Reply to  DianaWan

I get paid more than $100 to $500 per hour for working online. I heard about this job 3 months ago and after joining this I have earned easily $21k from this without having online working skills . Simply give it a shot on the accompanying site… Here is I started.…………>>  https://Www.Worksclick.Com

Last edited 3 days ago by Oscar Sparks
Stacey Stout
Stacey Stout
Reply to  Oscar Sparks

COPY AND OPEN THIS SITE__________ http://www.Livejob247.com

Last edited 2 days ago by Stacey Stout
KimberlyJohnson
KimberlyJohnson
Reply to  DianaWan

Google pay 97$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out it..
HERE====)> http://Www.WorkSite24.Com

Last edited 2 days ago by KimberlyJohnson
Avy
Avy
Reply to  DianaWan

I make 85 dollars each hour for working an online job at home. I never thought I could do it but my best friend makes 10000 dollars every month working this job and she recommended me to learn more about it. The potential with this is endless.

For more detail………. http://Www.BuzzJoin.com

Last edited 2 days ago by Avy
JudyKlemm
JudyKlemm

I get paid more than $140 to $170 per hour for working online. I heard about this job 3 months ago and after joining this I have earned easily $10k from this without having online working skills . Simply give it a shot on the accompanying site…

Here is I started.…………>> http://Www.JobsRevenue.com

Last edited 3 days ago by JudyKlemm
Jamie Clark
Jamie Clark
Reply to  JudyKlemm

Last edited 3 days ago by Jamie Clark
Robinorman
Robinorman

[ JOIN US ]
I get paid more than $120 to $350 per hour for working online. I heard about this job 3 months ago and after joining this I have earned easily $24000k from this without having online working skills .
Here is I started.…………>> http://www.Livejob247.com

Last edited 3 days ago by Robinorman
Clara
Clara

Google is now paying $99 to $140 per hour for doing work online work from home. Last paycheck of me said that $18537 from this easy and simple job. Its amazing and earns are awesome. No boss, full time freedom and earnings are in front of you. This job is just awesome. Every person can makes income online with google easily….,
Copy Here→→→→→ https://www.salaryto.com/

Last edited 3 days ago by Clara
Janet Ray
Janet Ray

Everybody can earn $500 Daily… Yes! you can earn more than you think by working online from home. I have been doing this job for like a ADt few weeks and my last week payment was exactly 2537 dollars..

HERE====)>  https://www.Worksful.com

Last edited 3 days ago by Janet Ray
MarthaClark
MarthaClark

Google is by and by paying $27485 to $29658 consistently for taking a shot at the web from home. I have joined this action 2 months back and I have earned $31547 in my first month from this action. Take a gander at it what I do…..
This Website OPEN HERE———–>>>  http://Www.WorkSite24.Com

Last edited 2 days ago by MarthaClark
Clara
Clara

Copy Here→→→→→ https://www.salaryto.com/

Last edited 2 days ago by Clara
TonyTucker
TonyTucker
1 day ago

My last month paycheck was 11000 dollars… All I did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency discovered over the internet and they paid me 95 bucks every hour. More info visit any tab on this site Thanks a lot. Open This Website↠↠↠ http://www.web.slate74.com

Last edited 1 day ago by TonyTucker