Newt Gingrich can see this administration is a disaster. He lists several of the ways it has had a negative impact on America and the world.
Inflation is at a 40-year high of 8.5% due to federal policies of borrowing & printing money at unfathomable levels & bad energy policy, which is hurting Floridians.
Biden could unleash domestic energy production to provide relief. Instead, he is content watching people suffer.
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) April 12, 2022
MORE NEWS: ESPN Has Gone Totally Woke
Gingrich: There are so many things going wrong – and so many radically bad decisions being made – it would be useless to focus on just one issue for this column. Before we can solve anything, we need to go item-by-item to understand the insanity, incompetence, and destructiveness which historians will someday write defined the “Biden Disaster.”
Many of these will show up in future columns. Each item represents a threat to America economically, in national security, or culturally. Many will take a generation or more to recover from or solve.
This list is not in any particular order because it is so destructive – and in some cases so weird – I’m not sure a specific sequence exists.
Taken together they represent a pattern that will alienate most Americans. If they come to define the modern Democratic Party, the Democrats may turn into a small minority faction for a generation or longer.
1. Inflation is out of control and about to get worse. The Biden administration’s spending policies are driving inflationary pressure as the Federal Reserve plans to expand an already bloated money supply to accommodate the left’s insatiable need for more cash. The stubborn policy against American oil and gas is guaranteeing pain at the pump and sending heating oil and fertilizer prices soaring. The loss of Ukraine and much of Russia as sources of food and fertilizer will guarantee higher food prices – which will cause more pain than gasoline prices.
2. Biden’s declaration that Putin should be tried as a war criminal feels good but is incredibly dangerous. Putin has more than 5,000 nuclear weapons, and he is adjusting the Russian economy to survive the sanctions. Biden will look impotent, and Putin will look like a vicious, brutal survivor.
3. Biden’s shallow dishonesty is further exposed by American reliance on Russia to get to a deal with Iran. The theocratic dictatorship will not deal directly with America, so our negotiations are handled through the Russian ambassador. Furthermore, the Russians are demanding we lift all sanctions on their business with Iran as a price for helping Biden get to a really bad deal with the world’s leading sponsor of terrorism.
4. Biden and the West continue to drag their feet on effective military aid to Ukraine. President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been Churchillian in his courage and determination. Biden is so pathetic he has made Neville Chamberlain look strong. Ukrainians die every day while American bureaucrats and politicians fail to get them the help they deserve.
5. Disney, like many large corporations is woke at home while kowtowing to the Chinese and other dictators. The profit-over-patriotism cycle in the big corporations will presently lead to a massive popular repudiation.
6. President Biden clearly has cognitive challenges. Vice President Kamala Harris is clearly cognitively hopeless (and may be the dumbest person ever elected vice president).
These are dangerous times – and the problems are more historic than political. America’s safety and survival are at stake. The current White House team is utterly incapable of managing this many simultaneous challenges.