The US border is virtually defunct, as thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants flood our southern gateway. The Trump administration’s Remain in Mexico policy, though reinstated by the courts, has not been reimplemented yet, as the Biden administration seeks every last moment to hurry illegals into the United States.
Now, another caravan from Central America is winding its way through Mexico on foot. It will reach here in due course. What will we do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, except allow them in while others across the globe play by the rules and await their legitimate turn. This is a national travesty.
FNC: “A massive migrant caravan organized via QR code left the town of Huehuetán in the south of Mexico Monday morning on the third day of their long trek toward the U.S. southern border.
MORE NEWS: Prominent Doc Says “Fear Is Its Own Virus”
The caravan, made up of mostly Central Americans, South Americans and Haitians, is the largest and most organized of its kind this year, with participants registering to join via QR code starting on Oct. 15.
Customs and Border Protection announced Friday that there had been more than 1.7 million migrant encounters in fiscal year 2021, breaking records. Additionally, there were more than 192,000 encounters in September alone – a slight decrease from the more than 200,000 encountered in July and August, but a sign that the border crisis that has dogged the Biden administration is far from over. The administration also had to deal with a massive Haitian migrant surge in September, and fears that more surges could be on the way. ‘Tell Biden we are coming,’ one migrant named William from El Salvador told Fox News.
Video footage captured by Fox News showed thousands of migrants, including small children being pushed in strollers, walking north about 20 miles north of Tapachula. One migrant carried a large wooden cross at the front of the caravan while others carried American flags and signs with President Biden’s name.”
— Griff Jenkins (@GriffJenkins) October 25, 2021
NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck sa2 Monday editions of NBC’s “Today,” ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS Mornings” but saw or heard nothing about this invasion of American territory.
“This story was ignored on Monday’s broadcast network morning newscasts,” said Houck, mentioning that CNN and MSNBC didn’t run the story, either. “Worse yet, the story didn’t receive a mention on the two liberal cable networks either as CNN’s ‘New Day’ and MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ couldn’t even spare a few minutes to offer a condescending dismissal of the caravan as imaginary or insignificant.
“Instead of covering a new chapter in the border crisis, ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’ touted a haunted house in Denver, Colorado, ‘CBS Mornings’ aired an interview with Bruce Springsteen and former President Obama, and NBC’s ‘Today’ had a brief on Ryan Gosling being cast to play Ken in a Barbie movie,” Houck noted. Typical Orwellian memory hole behavior from the leftist press.