WASHINGTON, D.C.— The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) continues to ratchet up its aggressive behavior towards Taiwan, including in ways that bespeak an intention by Beijing to engage, possibly imminently, in violent action against the freedom-loving people of that island. Such actions include:
- a de facto air and sea blockade in the guise of live-fire exercises;
- ballistic missiles fired in Taiwan’s direction, including three that were deliberately and
dangerously flown over the island;
- massive penetrations of Taiwanese airspace and territorial waters, including Taiwan’s 12-mile
Exclusive Economic Zone and some in numbers not seen since the 1950s. What is more, three
landed within 80 miles of Japan’s southern island;
- simulated land attacks against Taiwan involving both the People’s Liberation Army Navy and
Air Force elements;
- battalion-size amphibious exercises off the mainland opposite Taiwan;
- cyberattacks on Taiwanese government ministries
The Committee on the Present Danger: China (CPDC) believes that seven steps are now required if kinetic warfare with China is to be avoided, if possible, and mitigated, if not.
1. The United States must recognize that the Chinese Communist Party is: our mortal enemy; responsible for the deaths of a million Americans thanks to its SARS-CoV-2 biological warfare attack; a transnational criminal organization; and a threat that must be defeated.
2. To that end, the United States must: adopt a war footing that will end our dependence on Chinese supply chains for everything from medicines and rare earth minerals to fertilizers and silicon chips; and find genuine alternative sources of supply (not simply Chinese cut-outs in other countries).
3. In fact, we must wean ourselves immediately from such vulnerabilities by disengaging from business dealings with China and by expelling CCP-controlled companies, organizations, and their associated personnel and CCP-approved students in the United States.
4. We must rebuild our military by ending Biden policies that are taking it down (the subject of a “USA Betrayed” webinar) and by focusing its funding, energies, training, deployments, and acquisitions on defeating the CCP threat. The forces we currently have available to counter China must have that mission as their priority objective and be deployed for offensive, as
well as defensive, action. Operationalizing this new direction should include the immediate declaration that U.S. forces will not respect a Chinese blockade of Taiwan (either de facto or declared).
5. The government of the United States at every level must be purged of politicians and officials compromised by the Chinese Communist Party. We simply cannot tolerate power being exercised in our country by those subject to CCP influence or control.
6. Financial managers must stop using American investors’ money to underwrite the Chinese Communist threat. (See here for more on immediate steps that must be taken to prevent this from being done with the retirement funds of U.S. federal civilian employees and military personnel, among others whose savings are at asymmetric risk in CCP-controlled companies.)
7. We must stand with our allies and partners like Taiwan to resist and roll back the CCP’s global expansion and protect vital U.S. interests. Vital to this mission is restoring America as “the arsenal of democracy” to ensure that our own forces and our friends’ can prevail against the CCP.
The Committee on the Present Danger and its Team B III offer candidates for elective office this fall, and those they seek to represent, “The Brief” – a half-hour presentation laying out:
- the Chinese Communist Party’s unprecedented inhumanity to its own people;
- its determination to enslave ours and subject them, if anything, to worse treatment;
- its techniques and progress towards achieving that prerequisite to global CCP domination
(notably, through “unrestricted warfare” and biological weapons attack); and
- why the six steps above are both needed and require an electoral mandate in November akin to
that Ronald Reagan received in the 1980 election to roll back and defeat what he called his
generation’s “existential threat to freedom,” i.e., that posed by the last totalitarian Communist
threat we faced: the Soviet Union.
For more on The Brief and how candidates and concerned citizens can receive it, visit www.CCPatWar.com.
This piece originally appeared in RobManess.com and is used by permission.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette.