A WHO board member is blowing the whistle on Chinese pressure on WHO and how it held up proper investigation of the virus origin.
I've been saying since early last year the #pandemic may well stem from a lab incident, that we need a full investigation into all hypotheses & that this must be carried out nationally through a commission & internationally. Can we all now agree on this? https://t.co/Plsgab9JRi
— Jamie Metzl (@JamieMetzl) June 5, 2021
FNC: “An advisory board member to the World Health Organization told Fox News, Monday, that China’s ‘massive cover-up’ on COVID-19 is still happening today as the Wuhan lab-leak origin theory gains credibility. China is reportedly planning to build dozens of biosafety level three labs and one biosafety level four lab over the next five years, as investigators take another look at the possibility that the coronavirus could have leaked out of a laboratory in Wuhan, China.”
“The Chinese have engaged in a massive cover-up that is going on until this day, involving destroying samples, hiding records, placing a universal gag order on Chinese scientists and imprisoning Chinese citizen journalists asking the most basic questions,” Jamie Metzl told media. “The more that China stonewalls, the more suspicious that it looks,” Metzl said. “We can’t give China a veto over whether or not we investigate the world’s worst pandemic in a century and then do everything we can to make everybody safe.”
“There’s a reason why after a plane crashes, we do everything possible to understand what happened,” Metzl clarified. “If we don’t learn those lessons, there are other planes that are in the air. For all we know, the next pandemic is just around the corner and if we don’t understand and fix our biggest problems, we’re going to be at unnecessary risk. We have to get to the bottom of this, which means asking that tough questions and following the data wherever it leads.”
Metzl said WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus was a “hero” for his direction of the probe. “There is good reason to be critical of the WHO in the earliest days of the pandemic,” Metzl said. “But later in this phase that we’re in now, Dr. Tedros basically risked his entire career to defend the integrity of the WHO, rejecting essentially the legitimacy of this joint team report and saying we need a full investigation of all origin hypotheses, including lab incident…But we also need to recognize that the WHO doesn’t have the mandate to have its own surveillance capabilities. They had emergency responders in effect they wanted to send to Wuhan that were blocked in the earliest days of the pandemic by the Chinese for more than three weeks.” While Metzl may be sugarcoating it a bit, the WHO was held up by the Chinese. But we must remember, the WHO put themselves in that position, under the thumb of China, in the first place.
This piece was written by David Kamioner on June 8, 2021. It originally appeared in DrewBerquist.com and is used by permission.
Read more at DrewBerquist.com:
Bush Family Foundation Takes Millions From Communist Chinese
Republicans Raise Over $100k For AOC’s Grandmother, She Declines To Accept It
AOC Blames Growing Violence On Jails Not Criminals
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette.