Former Ambassador Nikki Haley of South Carolina wants to be the first female, not counting Obama, president of the United States in 2025. To do that she has to win in 2024. And to do that she will have to get through the GOP primary season.
Given the internal discord in the party right now over Trump, she must pick her words carefully. Hit Trump, lose 30 percent of Republicans. Not hit him at all, lose much of the other 70 percent. Ignore him and hit Biden? Keep almost all non ticked off at her. She going that way.
Far left activists, Demand Justice, are calling for Biden & Congress to enact the most liberal policy agenda in memory. They made clear they want to make DC a state giving 2 new Dem senators, pack the Supreme Court & repeal of the filibuster. Get ready. https://t.co/qSaJpHInxq
— Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) January 11, 2021
Haley: “For the next two years, Democrats will control the presidency, the U.S. Senate, and the U.S. House of Representatives. But this is not the Democratic Party of old. This is the furthest left Democratic Party in history. That’s a sobering reality that should concern every American What does it mean for our country?…
Much of today’s Democratic Party has an agenda that undermines America’s guiding principles — the same principles that have made America the freest, most equal and most just nation in human history. Most of the time, Democrats don’t try to hide it. Freedom and equal opportunity are out. Censorship and intolerance are in…Today’s Democrats think politicians can spend your money better than you can. That’s why they call for enormous tax hikes. They think bureaucrats can run businesses better than the people who create them. That’s why they push for huge regulations. They think the same government that has broken health care can somehow fix it, if only it had more control over patients and doctors….Ultimately, liberal elites think they’re smarter than the rest of us — that they have the brains and the birthright to build a better economy for all.
But they don’t. And their socialist ideas have failed everywhere they’ve been tried. When capitalism gives way to socialism, the result is always less opportunity, more poverty and more suffering. That’s what happens when people have less freedom….Most of all, we know America isn’t America without freedom. And we will stand up for preserving that freedom for ourselves and future generations. That is the job of the loyal opposition.”
This piece was written by David Kamioner on January 13, 2021. It originally appeared in DrewBerquist.com and is used by permission.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette.