At a Friday afternoon press conference President Trump declared a national emergency over the coronavirus outbreak.
His response and that of his private sector partners is amazing in its scope and efficiency. Trump’s actions here will benefit him with everyone but the most twisted partisans.
The major moves and data that came out of the press conference:
- Declaration of national emergency.
- $50 billion in increased funding to fight the virus.
- All hospitals must have a preparedness plan.
- New powers to HHS Secretary Azar to fight the virus.
- 500,000 testing kits available soon, 1.4 million by next week.
- 46 U.S. states now affected. Washington state hit very bad.
- Waiver of interest on federal student loans.
- Buying of oil at reduced prices to fill the National Strategic Reserve.
- Partnership with CVS, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and other major firms to fight the virus.
- Britain may be put into the travel ban due to increased cases there.
- Drive-thru testing centers to be available soon.
LifeZette will follow up this report with a more detailed report in the coming hours.