With the president’s acquittal imminent, Democrats on the campaign trail in Iowa have turned their bile from him to their fellow prospective November losers.
This is very entertaining for the rest of us. Here are some reports from the ground in Iowa and elsewhere.
- Sanders has a small lead over Biden in Iowa. But a lot of Sanders’ support is from the under 30 crowd and they may blab to pollsters but they turn out to vote/caucus in relatively small numbers. We’ll see but don’t count Biden out. The caucuses are Monday.
- Hillary Clinton is clashing with every other Democrat these days. Sanders still loathes her from cheating him out of the nomination in 2016 and trashing him recently.
Tlaib and assorted socialists booed her at an Iowa rally on Friday and Tulsi Gabbard is suing her for $50 million. Wow, for poor Hills it seems like an authoritarian psychopath can’t get a break these days.
- Mike Bloomberg’s campaign put out a campaign video, no lie, that showcased the candidate asking the odd question, “Where is my ice cream?”
He gets handed a pint of the dessert, which he then strangely seems to stab with a spoon. After that he, get this, takes a small gopher-like nibble at the ice cream and says, “Big Gay Ice Cream is the best.” I did not make that up…Paging Dr. Freud!
- After the GOP win on witnesses on Friday, Ted Cruz mocked Nancy Pelosi by doing her little weird clap right back at the Democrats on the Senate floor. Wolverine is just totally cool these days.
- I know, I know, I’m not supposed to like Kamala Harris. And sure, her politics are odious. But she is telegenic and had to be told, like a high school cheerleader, to stop laughing at a Senate Democrat press conference on impeachment. Gotta at least give her that.
- AOC took in over $1 million in January, money she has pledged to use to take out electable moderate Democrats and Democrat incumbents and replace them with hard left socialist primary challengers.
That’s how she got in the House in 2018. Another telegenic Democrat lass that is inadvertently amusing us.
- And finally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin told unhappy fellow CNN pundits, after the GOP Friday victory, that the final verdict of history on the whole impeachment saga would boil down to two words, “Trump Won.” Well, what’s that about a blind squirrel?