In a bit of projection, CNN’s Don Lemon  on Wednesday evening described anyone who still thinks President Donald Trump did nothing wrong as “mental.”
Lemon, during his show’s handoff to Chris Cuomo, claimed that testimony from earlier in the day was “explosive” and essentially proved that the president did something wrong.
“I have to say, at this point if you’re continuing to say that there was no, as they say, ‘quid pro quo,’ or the president didn’t ask — whether or not it’s impeachable, that again is not up for me to decide, not up for you to decide. That’s up for the Senate to decide and the American people,” the CNN anchor claimed.
“But to deny that the president did not do something wrong at this point is … it’s … it’s mental.”
“It is mental.”
— Rusty Weiss 🇺🇸 (@rustyweiss74) November 21, 2019 
Lemon continued attacking Trump supporters as “mental,” saying there has to be some sort of “problem” to fail to see his version of reality.
“If you can look at the mountain of evidence and say, ‘Oh, nothing’s wrong, the president didn’t do anything wrong, he’s just rooting out corruption,’ you’ve got a problem because that is not what happened,” Lemon continued.
“The problem is you.”
No, Don Lemon, the problem is that you and Cuomo continue to be employed by mainstream media with the specific goal of lying to the American people as the main focus, in our view. The problem is you.
— cheryllaird (@fl85) June 19, 2019 
Lemon, by his own definition, appears to be “mental,” denying the very things that witness after witness has said about the Ukraine hoax.
For instance, Don Lemon believes the nation simply must be able to see the “quid pro quo” now after these impeachment hearings.
But the hearings have proven exactly the opposite.
- Behind closed doors and under oath, Gordon Sondland testified there were no preconditions  regarding Ukrainian aid. This week, Sondland testified  that President Trump said, “I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo.”
- David Hale, undersecretary of State for political affairs, testified  that he was not aware of any conditions placed on aid to Ukraine.
- Tim Morrison and Kurt Volker testified  there was no quid pro quo, no bribery, and no extortion.
- Alexander Vindman testified  he cannot remember any Ukrainian ever mentioning any pressure to do investigations.
- Jennifer Williams testified that she was unaware of any conditionality  relating to a hold on foreign assistance.
- Last week, Ambassador Yovanovitch said  she had “no” information about any criminal activity by Trump.
- George Kent said,  “I do not have direct knowledge” of U.S aid ever being connected to opening a new investigation during his deposition.
- Bill Taylor said  the Ukrainians weren’t aware of any hold on military aid until August 29 during his deposition.
There’s your mountain of evidence, Mr. Lemon.
And none of it points to the things Lemon is claiming to see and hear. Which makes him the mental one, in our opinion.
Here’s a short rundown of times Lemon has viewed things through the prism of his own alternate reality.
- Alleged anyone who works in the White House and supports President Trump  is “complicit in their racism.”
- Claimed mobs of leftists harassing Republican in public is their constitutional right .
- Said “white men ” are the biggest terror threat in America.
- Launched multiple verbal racist attacks  at Trump supporter Kanye West.
“Don Lemon is a lightweight – dumb as a rock,” the president wrote in August 2016.
Following a Democratic debate question in which Lemon flat-out called Trump a racist, the president responded by accurately pointing out the CNN host is “the dumbest man on television.”
“Perhaps someone should explain to Don that he is supposed to be neutral, unbiased [and] fair,” he added.
A version of this piece originally appeared in The Political Insider;  this article is used by permission.
Read more at ThePoliticalInsider.com:
Jim Jordan Hammers Adam Schiff at Impeachment Hearing: ‘Nobody Believes You’ 
Former Democrat Mayor of Baltimore Facing 20 Years in Prison 
Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham Reveals Obama Aides Left ‘You Will Fail’ Notes Behind for Trump Staffers