President Donald Trump just silenced his border wall critics with a stunning immigration update.
While speaking to the press from the Oval Office, Trump announced he will have a whopping 500 miles of border wall completed by the close of 2020.
But there’s even more good news.
Trump also announced that by the end of 2020, there will be a 50-percent reduction in illegal migration.
That’s a very encouraging update.
It comes on the heels of the Pentagon’s recent release of nearly $3 billion for the border security wall.
Here’s how Fox News explained Trump’s news on Wednesday: “President Trump on Wednesday talked up the ongoing efforts to construct or replace barriers along the southern border with Mexico, saying he expects the project to be completed in key areas by the end of next year.”
News for the Informed American Patriot
Sign up for our twice-daily emails and stay up-to-date on the most important news and commentary!
“Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, Trump said construction is moving along ‘rapidly’ and that he expects ‘close to 500 miles of wall’ to be ‘almost complete if not complete by the end of next year,’ specifically ‘just after the election.'”
“The president referenced the Supreme Court’s August ruling that cleared the way for the government to use about $2.5 billion, after funding had been frozen by lower courts while a lawsuit was proceeding.”
“We’re building different sections simultaneously,” Trump also said to the media.
He said that by the end of 2020, walls will exist that will “take care of all the areas we wanted,” as well as “some of the marginal areas” that were of a lower priority, Fox News also explained.
“Various forms of barriers already have existed along 654 miles — about a third — of the border. The administration has awarded $2.8 billion in contracts for barriers covering 247 miles, with all but 17 miles of that to replace existing barriers instead of expanding coverage.”
“The president’s statements come on the heels of Pentagon officials telling Fox News that Secretary of Defense Mark Esper signed off on $3.6 billion in Defense Department construction funds for 175 miles of wall on the border. The president referenced the Supreme Court’s August ruling that cleared the way for the government to use about $2.5 billion, after funding had been frozen by lower courts while a lawsuit was proceeding.”
Watch the video below of Trump’s explanation of the border wall progress.
— TrumpSoldier (@DaveNYviii) September 4, 2019
This piece originally appeared in WayneDupree.com and is used by permission.
Read more at WayneDupree.com:
Key Witness in Epstein Case Vanishes ‘Without a Trace’
‘Secret Plot’ by Blasey Ford’s Lawyer to ‘Destroy’ Kavanaugh Revealed in New Book
Walmart Squirming and Back-Peddling as Pro-Gun Backlash Intensifies
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette.