Jihadi Compound in New Mexico Is Destroyed Mysteriously by Authorities — What’s Going On?
Reports are emerging that this controversial location has been razed, but details are still murky
One day it was there and the world shuddered at its existence — and at the understanding of the horrible events that occurred inside its fragile walls.
And now the controversial makeshift compound in rural New Mexico is practically gone, virtually bulldozed to the ground, according to reports that are still emerging.
What’s going on?
Authorities recently found 11 children living in desperate and squalid conditions at this compound, where five alleged jihadi extremists were not only abusing them but also teaching them to use weapons — potentially for future school shootings — and to kill law enforcement officials, prosecutors said.
Adding further insult to injury, New Mexico Judge Sarah Backus on Monday made the decision to grant “minimal” bail for the five suspects. They were ordered released on a $20,000 signature bond — meaning they did not have to pay.
Attorney Harmeet Dhillon, founder of the Dhillon Law Group Inc. and Republican National Committeewoman for California, said Thursday night on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle” of the ridiculously light sentencing, “That is an outrage and that is a repeat pattern by this judge, a Democrat who came from San Francisco — my hometown, unfortunately — that’s where she learned these practices.”
One of the individuals is now in the custody of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency; another will be handed over to Georgia on child kidnapping charges.
Authorities seized an RV at the New Mexico compound where five adults are believed to have been abusing 11 children. An underground tunnel at the site where remains of a 3-year-old were found is now buried in rubble. via @NBCNightlyNews https://t.co/TvstnvC3Bi
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 16, 2018
BREAKING: Authorities have confirmed human remains found at a desert compound in New Mexico are those of a missing Georgia boy.
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 16, 2018
Can you believe Judge Sarah Backus let these dangerous Muslim extremists out of jail already? They were training children how to execute school shootings—and she lets them out with an ankle bracelet. One child is already dead. That sounds crazy to me.https://t.co/2QJf6hneE4
— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) August 14, 2018
— ABC News (@ABC) August 16, 2018
And now reports are emerging that the compound has been razed — the latest controversial development in this bizarre and tragic case.
The body of a dead three-year-old child was also found in the area.
Taos County Prosecutor John Lovelace claimed Monday during a court hearing that this child — whose father is one of the five suspects — perished during an Islamic “ritual intended to cast out demonic spirits.”
“Mounds of rubble and a gaping hole” are now showing up where the compound had been, NBC News reported late this week.
The news organization also said, “The RV at the center of this compound has been ripped out.”
There are still many questions about how the investigation is being handled, NBC News noted — along with what actually happened.