Disgraced actor Kevin Spacey is being investigated by Los Angeles prosecutors over an allegation of sexual assault stemming from 2016.
Spokesman Greg Risling said on Wednesday that the district attorney’s office was working on the case. Sheriff’s spokeswoman Nicole Nishida said the investigation had begun in May in the Malibu-area department.
Spacey is also under investigation over sexual misconduct allegations that allegedly occurred in London.
MORE NEWS: NYPD Officers Are Fed Up And Leaving
A 1992 incident has also been investigated — but may not be able to be prosecuted because of the statute of limitations.
Spacey was one of several major Hollywood players to be exposed in the recent past as an alleged sexual predator.
The first accusation against the Academy Award-winning actor was that he had forced himself on an underage boy in 1986. That young boy grew up to become “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp.
After the allegations became public, Spacey was edited out of last year’s “All the Money in the World” and replaced with actor Christopher Plummer at the last minute in reshoots.
Spacey was also fired from the Netflix drama “House of Cards.”
The only Spacey-starring film to be released since the allegations went public was “Billionaire Boys Club,” which opened to a miserable $618 on its opening weekend.
Spacey had been one of the most praised actors in Hollywood prior to all of this. He won Academy Awards for his roles in the hits “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty.” The now 59-year-old actor also appeared in hits including “Seven” and “L.A. Confidential.”
Also facing legal repercussions for multiple allegations of sexual assault and harassment is producer Harvey Weinstein, who is currently on trial and could be facing years in prison if convicted.
To see more on the investigation into Spacey, check out the video below: