Health

Dog’s Life Saved by Narcan

'I talked to her for a little while, gave her half a dose, then the other half — it seemed to have the desired effect'

A 3-year-old Labrador named Addie is believed to be the first dog in the state of Maine to be revived with Narcan, after she got into her owner’s purse and ingested 25 pain pills.

Leslie Reynolds, whose daughter had received a prescription for Oxycodone, said she noticed the dog acting lethargic last Thursday, and was on her way to the vet when she spotted two police cruisers, Fox 43 reported.

[lz_ndn video=32766731]

Reynolds flagged down the officers and explained that Addie had apparently gotten into her bag after smelling gummy worms, and ingested the pills.

Sgt. Dave Chauvette, of Maine’s York County Sheriff’s Office, observed the dog and decided to administer Narcan.

“I thought for all of two or three seconds, ‘Yup, this is what we have to do,'” Chauvette told Fox 43. “Addie and I became really good friends, real quick. I held her head up, talked to her for a little white and I gave her half a dose in her right nostril. We waited a few minutes and I gave her the other half in her left nostril and it seemed to have the desired effect.”

Do you support individual military members being able to opt out of getting the COVID vaccine?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from LifeZette, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

Related: Even Infants Are Being Revived with Narcan After Overdoses

Chauvette said Addie seemed to perk up after the Narcan.

This Fox News piece is used by permission.

Read more at Fox News:
U.K. McDonald’s, KFC, Burger King Drinks Test Positive for Poo Bacteria
Family Finds Catheter in Tub of Ice Cream, Requires Testing for Hepatitis, HIV
Tabasco Debuts Scorpion Sauce, Hottest One Yet

Join the Discussion

Comments are currently closed.