Michael Moore is headed to Broadway.
The 63-year-old Academy Award-winning director will be performing a one-man show, titled “The Terms of My Surrender,” at New York City’s Belasco Theatre, starting July 28, for 12 weeks.
Moore promised a very topical show on Monday that will feature a subversive, urgent tone. Not all of it will be scripted, and some of it will riff on events of the day. The show may also have guests and interactive elements. Tony Award-winner Michael Mayer will direct.
MORE NEWS: Taliban Brings Back Forced Amputations
Moore described it as a “comedy shiv” pointed at the administration and performed only a few blocks from Trump Tower. The show’s tagline is “Can a Broadway show take down a sitting President?”
“I operate under the hope that he won’t be president for very long,” he explained. “Why don’t we see if every night — and twice in the afternoon — for 12 weeks if a piece of theater can raise enough of a ruckus to discombobulate the man sitting in the Oval Office? I don’t know, but I’d like to find out. Stranger things have happened in the last year.”
While Moore had a one-man show about the 2016 election called “Michael Moore In TrumpLand,” the filmmaker said “The Terms of My Surrender” will be composed of completely original material.
The filmmaker, who famously predicted a Trump victory last summer, said liberals need to embrace comedy as a way to halt any Trump momentum. “We need an army of satirists,” Moore said. “His Achilles heel is his very, very, very thin skin.”
When asked if he was preaching to the choir by lambasting Trump in a liberal city and in a very liberal Broadway community, Moore responded: “Sometimes the choir needs a song to sing.”
Moore isn’t the only one to voice his opinion about the new administration on stage. Robert Schenkkan’s play “Building the Wall,” which imagines Trump’s presidency taking a darkly authoritarian turn, has an off-Broadway run in May.
MORE NEWS: Republicans Rally Around Border Patrol
This article originally appeared in Fox News and is used with permission.
Read more at Fox News:
Eminem Kicks Off Legal Battle Against New Zealand’s National Party Over ‘Lose Yourself’ Copyright
Paige VanZant Removes Racy Videos After Backlash From UFC Fighters
Katy Perry Receives Backlash for Barack Obama Joke